sábado, 4 de setembro de 2010

Negociando com Expertos...

CEO: ”Hi Michael, we wanted to talk to you in person (over the phone) to resolve the question of payment.”
Me: “OK.”
CEO: ”Let’s forget all of the stuff that has gone on in the past with this project. Let me put {Accountant) on the phone.”
Accountant: ”What we’d like to do is offer to pay $XXX for the project. Based on what you billed us we think $XXX is a fair amount, minus what we’ve already paid you, minus the recruiter fee.”
Me: “So you’re ‘offering’ to pay me half of what is still owed on the bill for the work you hired me to do.”
Accountant: ”Well, based on the total cost we’re willing to pay, minus the recruiter fee…”
Me: ”A simple yes or no, will suffice. If you owe me $XXXX and are ‘willing’ to pay $XXX, if my math is correct, and I believe it is, I can redo it on my calculator if you’d like, you’re ‘willing’ to pay me half. Even though I rushed the work and everyone was thrilled with it.”
CEO: ”Well… yes, I guess, you could say that is half…”
Me: ”I do.”
CEO: ”Look, I’m sure you just want to put this behind you…”
Me: ”Actually, no. I want to be paid in full.”
CEO: ”Well, this is all we’re willing to pay.”
Me: “You know you signed a contract right?”
Accountant: “Well, we had several conversations via email and in person about this…”
Me: ”Yes, in each you tried to weasel you’re way out of paying me…”
CEO: ”I think this is a fair compromise.”
Me: ”I think you’ll be hearing from my lawyers.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário